Protecting your privacy
Your Information: Refers to your personal information as that is defined under the Privacy Act 1988 (CTH).
Credit Reporting Policy: Sets out how we manage your “credit information” and “credit eligibility information” as this applies to you and is our credit reporting policy for the purposes of Part IIIA (Credit reporting) of the Privacy Act 1988 (CTH).
About Your Digital File
We provide a secure document storage service and digital signature facility for your personal or business needs.
Your Information held by us may include all or some of the following — your name, date of birth, current and previous addresses, telephone or mobile phone numbers, email addresses, bank account or credit card details, occupation, driver’s licence number, passport number, PKI identifiers, username and password. We also hold details of the services Your Digital File provides to you. At times, additional information may be collected and held. For example, additional information may be required for user authentication.
You may choose not to provide certain personal information. However, if this is the case, we may not be able to provide you with the services you have indicated that you require.
There may be occasions when you need to provide to us the personal information about other individuals. This might be the case if you wish to have authorised representatives on your account or if you wish to use the nomination process offered by Your Digital File. If that is the case, we rely on you to inform those people that you are providing their personal information to us and to provide to them our contract details should they desire further information.
How we hold Your Information
Your Information may be stored by us in hard copy or electronic format, in data storage facilities either owned by us or operated by our service providers. All reasonable steps are taken to ensure the security of Your Information.
How we collect Your Information
Your Information may be collected from you in a number of ways, such as:
- from you directly when you provide your personal details through our website or complete our forms
- from third parties such as credit reporting agencies or your representatives
- from publicly available information
- from organisations identified under the heading of “When we disclose your personal information”
- from our own records of how you use Your Digital File services
- from your visits to our website
- from time to time, legislation may require that we collect certain personal information
How Your Information is used
We may use Your Information to:
- confirm your identity
- obtain PKI certification
- assist you to subscribe to and access our services
- provide services to you
- administer and manage services, including billing and debt collection
- provide suggestions regarding improvement to the services provided to you
- conduct checks for credit-worthiness and fraud
- maintain, research and develop our services, business systems and infrastructure including testing and upgrading OR
- promote and market to you by various means including direct mail, telemarketing, email, SMS, MMS messaging and other means information of products, services and special offers and we may continue after you cease acquiring services from us. If you do not wish to be contacted in this regard, please contact us to opt out.
When we disclose Your Information
So that we can deliver the services you require, we may need to disclose Your Information to organisations outside of Your Digital File. Any disclosure of Your Information in this way is limited to what is required for us to provide services to you. These organisations carry out various functions for us including information technology services, debt-recovery functions, installation, maintenance and repair services, marketing, telemarketing and market research and website analysis.
All reasonable measures are taken to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to Your Information.
We may also disclose Your Information to:
- Your authorised representatives or legal advisers when requested by you to do so
- Our related companies
- Our professional advisers, including lawyers, accountants and auditors and organisations involved in managing our corporate risk and funding functions OR
- Government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law
Help us to ensure we hold accurate information
All reasonable precautions are taken to ensure that Your Information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, current and complete, however, the accuracy of Your Information is largely dependent on your providing accurate information to us. Please let us know if you see any errors in Your Information and keep us up to date with any changes.
Access to Your Information
You have a right to access any of Your Information that we hold. Please contact us if you would like to access Your Information. We reserve the right to charge an administration fee for searching for and providing that information to you.
You may also use these contact details to notify us of any privacy complaint you have against us, including if you think we have failed to comply with the National Privacy Principles. We will acknowledge your complaint promptly and give you an estimated timeframe within which we will respond to your complaint. We will seek to resolve any complaints with you directly. Alternatively, you may wish to lodge a complaint with a regulator such as the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Credit Reporting Policy
Your Digital File does not conduct credit checks on customers.
Your Digital File does not report your credit information to any Credit Reporting Body.